Sunday, July 17, 2005

Welcome to Our Blog

I'm here. Finally.

I've been working feverishly lately to get this blog (web + log = weblog = blog) up and running. I finally have a reason to blog.

Shelly and I are moving to the Philippines.

It's a work thing (hers) and we cannot wait to get there, though it's probably going to be another six weeks before Shelly leaves and another 10 weeks before I leave, which will just about give us time to get everything done before we go, I hope.

The plan is to take Mister Tanaka with us, and we'll probably be there for a year. Shell will be working in poultry, and I'll be ... well, I'm not sure what yet. I'm looking forward to writing about whatever I want to write about, but I don't have any plans beyond that yet. (I have a few irons in the fire, but nothing to announce just yet.)

So, what's online now is an update of what we've been up to for the last six or seven months. I'll be honest: I haven't really been blogging since February. All of these posts have been created in the past two week. I have blogspot to thank for letting me change the posting date to reflect any date I want, to make each post reflect approximately when the event actually happened. From here on, though, I will be honest, (date-wise, at least).

This site replaces our old Web site, as it's much easier for me to update, and much easier to write on. It's photo-heavy now, and photos will continue to be an important part of our blog, but as we go through the whole overseas moving experience -- and then through the whole expat experience -- you can expect to find more and more of my words. Of course, this is bad news for you if you don't like to read, but it's really bad news for me if you simply don't like to read me.

Scroll down and see what we've been up to, then bookmark our blog and check back from time to time for updates. Feel free to leave your comments when you think I'm full of something, or when you just want to say hi.

No comments: