Wednesday, August 10, 2005

You Bet Your Garden

Today, I made my National Public Radio debut, as a caller to the WHYY-produced and nationally aired You Bet Your Garden show.

Shelly and I are trying to figure out what to do with our vegetable garden when we're gone. I really don't want to have to dig up a bunch of sod again, so I don't want to plant grass. I know that if we do nothing, the garden will be full of weeds when we return. Should we cover it with a tarp? Heck if I know. That's why I made the call.

The show airs over the weekend -- twice, in fact, at least on our local public radio station -- but they tape the calls on Tuesday. The producer told me I'd be on the air on one of the next three weekends. If you want to listen but your local NPR station doesn't carry You Bet Your Garden, send me an e-mail or leave me a comment and I'll e-mail you an MP3. Providing, of course, I don't sound like a moron.

Thanks, Brad, for the HTML help. It worked!

No comments: