Saturday, January 14, 2006

Steven Spielberg, Your Job is Safe

It's Friday the 13th, and that means bad luck ... for Shelly.

Why bad luck? In my trolling of other blogs, I found a post mentioning that video can now be uploaded to Google, then put on your blog or other Web site.

And, it just so happens that I had some raw video footage of Shelly just waiting to go online.

While the subject matter is fascinating -- it *is* Shelly, after all -- I should warn you that production values are poor, and that you will never get these 53 seconds of your life back. If you decide to go ahead and watch, you should look for Shelly's annoyance with my little video project. It starts to show itself at 24 seconds, and then again at 36 seconds.




The coolest part of this whole thing is that video was taken with cell phone. It should be stated here that my cell phone is far too complicated for me to fully understand how to use it. My phone in the States could store phone number and then call them. My phone here has all sorts of multimedia options, most of which go sadly unused, which is apparently a sign that technology has moved on and left me behind. *sigh*

But, I have figured out the camera function and, even better, how to use Bluetooth to move the photos and videos wirelessly to my Bluetooth-equipped Mac.

I made the video of Shelly using Apple's iMovie software. The following masterpiece, I made using my Nokia cell phone's movie templates, in this case stitching together two supermarket photos into a rather catchy themed 9-second movie. These photos were taken for two different purposes at two different times. I realized their co-starring potential while stuck in traffic, browsing through my phone's photo gallery.





It's safe to say that directing big budget feature films is not in my future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg -

I love the background music.

Annalynn