Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Textiles!

Call me textile man.




Or the fabric man, or the cloth man, or whatever you like. We found our way back to the textile market after church on Sunday with no problems at all, except for the short amount of time that I was driving the wrong way down a one-way road. Fabric shopping-wise, we were golden.




As I noted on Friday, Shelly finds my taste in shirts particularly bad, so I let her "help" me pick out fabric that would be appropriate for me to take to a tailor. She doesn't hate all my shirts, just the ones that I picked out myself. There were a couple of fabrics we agreed to disagree on, though I still think she was wrong...




The market wasn't just for fabric. There were loads of clothes and shoes and rugs and anything else you can think of. And, I learned something about fabric: Did you know that it might come with a 45-inch width, or that it might come with a 60-inch width? Of course you did, but I didn't.

I ended up spending about $40 on fabric for seven shirts, which will each cost around $12 to make, which means I'm getting a great deal when compared to buying new shirts at home. Plus, I'll be relatively sure that, when walking down the street in Salisbury, I won't run into anyone wearing the same shirt as I am.

No comments: