Friday, May 19, 2006

Yamanashi Revisited

Imagine my surprise when the next-to-last leg of The Amazing Race 9 turned up in Yamanashi, the prefecture I lived in when I was in Japan.

Many years ago, Shelly and I watched a fireworks show over Lake Yamanaka. A couple years after that, as we were driving home from a conference, my friends Jill and Ken and I rode the Fujiyama roller coaster. At the time, at least, it had the steepest drop of any roller coaster in the world, or some such distinction.

And, better yet, it was an exciting final episode.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured TAM9 must have gone close to where you lived since they were near Mt. Fuji. Did you watch the fireworks from the big duck?

Yeah Hippies!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the whole family was cheering for the hippies!

Fiona said...

Nic and I had never watched the show before but we were so rooting for the hippies!