Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hmm. *That* game didn't go well.

Ah...college football!

This afternoon found me at the Greene Turtle to watch the big Iowa-Iowa State game. It should have been a great game. Iowa was ranked in the Top 10, Iowa State predicted to win its Big XII division. And, I suppose if you're an Iowa State fan, it was a great game.

No luck for Hawkeye fans, though. It was an ugly 23-3 loss to the Cyclones. Iowa turned the ball over 5 times and could not get the offense going. At all.

Still, it was good to spend the afternoon with -- as Shelly calls them -- my "Iowa buddies." And, it was good to watch Iowa again, even in a loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. I can't believe you actually posted about the Hawks loss! Of course, I've already sent you the obligatory email, but wanted to share my joy with you here on the blog as well! Maybe next year....or maybe basketball season....when you can cheer for the Jayhawks! (Hmm, seems the clones have had their fair share of wins in that department as well!) May this friendly, 15 year rivalry continue for years to come!!

Anonymous said...

From Iceland: Who would have thought!