Tuesday, September 06, 2005

We're not *entirely* from the Stone Age

It's possible we're not complete luddites after all.

Although we're still without a DVD player, we're now running a wireless computer network around the house.

Brad and I seem to be in a technologic arms race these days. He bought an iPod, I bought an iPod. I bought a new laptop, he bought a new laptop. So when he set up a wireleless network, what choice did I have?

A trip to Best Buy and 20 bucks later, a brand new router now resides in Shelly's office (she has the non-wireless computer, though her work laptop should be able to tap right in to "TanakaNet"), and I've been surfing all over the house. Including the dinner table and the back porch.

Which means I no longer have an excuse for taking so long to post updates, now that I can get online anywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, but our wireless network is also a print server. DE is still winning the race! Of course, our network cost a little more than $20. We enjoyed having you and Shell visit this weekend. Happy surfing from the porch, the living room, the garage with the snake, ...