Thursday, April 20, 2006

Wow, I'm Hot!

According to MyHeritage.com, I'm hot.

MyHeritage.com bills itself as a geneaology assistant: upload your photo and compare it to a database of other folks from around the world in hopes of spotting distant family members you probably didn't know you have. MyHeritage compares your face to others in the database and suggests a half dozen or so people who look like you.

Of more interest, perhaps, is the database of stars, athletes and other famous people. And it's there that the whole project became quite hilarious to me.

This website thinks I look like Anna Kournikova. You know, she's the, um, cute, blonde, female Russian tennis star. She's not my first match, though. I apparently look even more like Alexis Bledel of the Gilmore Girls.

I guess it could be worse. After running my photo through the database, I ran Shelly's. She looks like -- get this -- Mickey Mantle. And, Opie from Mayberry.

So, in no particular order, other than the first photo on the top level, which is the "closest match," here are several famous people that Shelly and I -- at least the versions of us on our Christmas card -- look like. You can click on either image below for a larger, easier-to-see version.




Greg looks like: Alexis Bledel, actress; James Cagney, actor; former Vice President Dan Quayle; Welsh poet Dylan Thomas; Michelle Pfeiffer, actress; and Russian tennis star Anna Kournikova.




Shelly looks like: New York Yankees slugger Mickey Mantle; Opie Taylor, Richie Cunningham and now big-shot director Ron Howard; kung-fu movie star David Carradine; Geena Davis, actress; Kim Basinger, actress; and former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

So, get busy uploading your photos, and let us know who you look like!

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Hey you also look like Jimmy Cagney apparently - how cool! Shelly - sorry you get Maggie Thatcher! I'm off to try it for myself!

Fi

Fiona said...

OK so according to this wonderful science, I look like Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice), Lindsay Lohan, Marcia Cross, and Princess Di (it's mandatory for all English people).

Fiona said...

More from me - Nic came up as 1. Art Garfunkel (not happy about that), followed by John Grisham, Kirk Douglas, Larry Bird (oh the irony), Kevin Bacon (which inspired yells of "I have the Bacon!") and Prince Harry. So does that mean I somehow look like his mother In a regal kind of way???

Greg said...

Those are some tangled branches on your family tree, Fiona!

Anonymous said...

What the heck, Nothing but "Nubian" comes up for me.

Hey, you look like a goat, too. What's the deal, how'd you score on a good-looking wife like that? You got piles of money now or something?
I will soon.