Friday, June 29, 2007

Missing Manila

Shelly is in the Philippines this week, and I'm wishing -- at least briefly -- that I was unemployed again. If I weren't working, I probably would have tagged along on this trip and taken advantage of Shelly's paid-for hotel room.

I miss Manila even more because, when I spoke with Shelly this evening, I found out that Kyle at Italianni's was trying to set a place for "Sir" and that everyone at Shelly's old job site had been asking about me. It would have been nice to get back to see friends.

More impressive is that when Shelly walked into the spa she had visited about once a month for a year, they greeted her by name, despite the fact that she hadn't been there in eight months.

Our old neighborhood has changed, too, with the big construction projects taking place on either side of our house both completed. I would even be able to sleep past 7:15 a.m. now that the construction has finished!

No comments: