Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

Just back from the late service at Holy Trinity -- by myself, because Shelly is well-known to turn into a pumpkin after about 10:00 p.m., and because we also went to the 4:00 service this afternoon in anticipation of her not making it to tonight's service.

It was a nice service, with a hymn in Tagalog, the national language of the Philippines, that I didn't understand, but found very beautiful.

We'll be opening gifts in a few hours, then picking up Shelly's friends John and Davina at their hotel in Makati and spending a couple days with them at our house. They're in the country from Saipan, where John is a teacher.

I still have some gifts to wrap. I know that my early-to-bed, early-to-rise bride will be waking me up much too early on Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! We'll leave for midnight mass in about 2 1/2 hours from this writing... At least our presents are wrapped and under the tree.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you both and to your families as well. We may just have a "white" Christmas here in IL tomorrow morning! Hope Santa is good to you!!