Saturday, June 10, 2006

R.I.P., Mister Tanaka

Shelly and I had Mister Tanaka put to sleep today due to his continuing illness. (Technically, Shelly took him to the vet and had him euthanized, but it was something we had discussed at length, so while I wasn't there physically, I was there in spirit.)

Shell wrote me a very touching e-mail about Tanaka's last hours that found me here in Kampot. Naturally, I wish I would have been able to see Tanaka one more time before he died, but I didn't want him to be in pain waiting for me to get home. I think he had a good couple of weeks with Shell before he died today.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Mister Tanaka. I hope you and Shelly are OK. I've just finished the book Marley & Me and I was bawling at the end of that. I'll give my puppies an extra hug tonight.