Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back from Dubai

Shelly's back from Dubai, where she's been on business for the past week.

She was working most of the time, of course, but did have a chance to play tourist, driving out into the desert, where she dressed up in her new business attire, perfect for her trips to the Middle East, she said.

"No, that's not really true," she said.

"Well, were you wearing it because you were driving on the sand dunes, to keep the sand out?"

"No. I was in a Land Rover," she said.

"Isn't there any interesting story about you wearing a burqa?" I asked. "I have to blog something, you know."

"Well, I did smoke a hookah when I was there," she said.

"Ooh, the hubbly-bubbly," I said, not without some jealousy. "How was it?"

"It was kind of herby," she said.

So far, she hasn't offered me any photos of her smoking the hookah, and believe me, I'd like to see one. Especially if it is as good as this one, from our back porch in Maryland a couple of years ago:

No comments: