Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pure Cheese

Shelly gave me the best -- or, possibly worst -- Christmas present ever last month.

The invention of the iPod and the iTunes store has reignited an old flame of mine: collecting music. (To wit, my mp3 collection currently numbers in excess of 2,500 songs, which is a ridiculous number of songs, especially when you consider it would take six-and-a-half days to listen to each song once.) I've done a good job of collection all those songs I remember from the 70s and 80s, and have managed to keep somewhat abreast of music from the 90s and 00s. But there's always been one thing missing:


For obvious reasons, I told Shelly that I'd really, really like to keep the gift of this somewhat-hard-to-find "Best Of" CD secret. Shelly did keep it a secret, surprising me with it in bed on Christmas morning. Shortly thereafter I, in typical fashion, blabbed about it to everyone.

In my defense, I wanted to listen to it and couldn't very well do that without locking myself in my old bedroom. Suddenly, it was 1977 and I was 10 years old all over again....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This new version of Blogger sends me in circles to leave a comment!!
Who is Shaun Cassidy?? I'm too young to know him :)