Friday, October 28, 2005

Chocolate Toothpaste

Now where the heck was this product when I was a kid?


Unilever Philippines has been advertising the heck out of their newest line of toothpastes, the CloseUp "Flavalicious" flavors, which include Luscious Lychee, Tangerine Burst and, yes, Choco Loco.

I haven't tried this chocolate mint-flavored toothpaste yet, and can't imagine I will, but a quick look around the Web gives it a wide variety of reviews. Predictably, kids love it, but to adults, the consensus seems to be that it's just plain wrong to brush your teeth with dessert.

Unfortunately, after digging deep into the Unilever Philippines Web site, I couldn't find any marketing materials for CloseUp, much less anything that would shed some light on the history of chocolate toothpaste.

So if you're having trouble getting your kids -- or your spouse -- to brush their teeth, let me know and I'll ship you some Choco Loco. Of course, once you run out, don't blame me if your kids start brushing their teeth with a Milky Way.

No comments: