Sunday, October 23, 2005

It LOOKS like ESPN

The "Dream" satellite tells me that we have ESPN. And I believe them, really, I do.

We indeed do have a channel that looks like ESPN. It has SportsCenter. It has the same manly graphics that I'm used to at home. It's on channel 40, which isn't even that far from its Comcast location at home.

But right now, in the middle of Saturday afternoon stateside (and about 2:25 Sunday morning here), when there are more college football games on TV than you could count, ESPN (officially "ESPN International: Pacific Rim") offers a rerun of baseball's National League Championship Series.

I shouldn't complain, right? They could be showing snooker, right? (Nope. The World Snooker Tour kicks off at 1:00. Nothing like a cold beer and a snooker match to while away a Sunday afternoon.)

So, while the ESPN Web site has managed to keep me up-to-date on the Iowa-Michigan score, I don't know that I'll make it through the 4th quarter. On the other hand, Iowa does have a 14-10 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter...

No comments: