Saturday, October 22, 2005

Premier seating? Why not!

Shelly's in Shanghai this weekend on business, with business elsewhere in China to follow next week, so I went out tonight with Jim.

After being first delayed by traffic then making a massively incorrect left turn and ending up, well, "somewhere we didn't want to be," we finally got to the mall just a few minutes before Lord of War, the latest Nicolas Cage flick, started. Rather than a nice, leisurely dinner, we ended up grabbing burgers at Wendys (how foreign of me, I know) before the show.

And then we got to the ticket window, where we were faced with two classes of ticket prices. For P80, or about $1.45, we could have regular seats. For P100, or about $1.80, we could have "premier" seat. How could we turn down better seats for a mere 35 cents? The last time I saw a first run movie for less than two bucks was, what, 1980-something?

The seats were faux leather, stadium-style seats, and the screen was the largest I've seen since the Uptown in Northwest Washington, so it was definitely a good place to watch a movie. Plus, a Coke set me back about 50 cents. Take that, Regal Cinemas!

No comments: