Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'm Legal, Finally

It's taken a while for the paperwork to finally get done, but I finally have my dependent visa. With Hong Kong's unemployment rate at historic lows, I'm able to work on a dependent visa, which means my job search will begin this weekend.

In order to activate my visa, I had to first leave Hong Kong, so I took a day trip to Macau today, about 65 km west from here, just across the Pearl River Delta. Shenzhen is closer to Hong Kong, but entering Macau doesn't require a visa, unlike entering the PRC.

Macau is the Portuguese equivalent of Hong Kong and, in fact, predated Hong Kong by a couple of hundred years. After 10 hours of hoofing it around the city, plus another three hours in transit, there's no way I'm going to get any pictures up tonight, as I have to be up early tomorrow to go apply for my Hong Kong ID card at Immigration. I'll get them up this weekend or early next week.

No comments: