Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Home of the Five Dollar Massage

No longer do you have to drive home after your massage. Schedule one in the evening, and you can simply drag your relaxed body from one room into the other, and head straight to bed, all for the very affordable sum of about five dollars an hour.

Last night, we both took advantage of the in-home massage business. We called in the middle of the afternoon, made a reservation and, promptly at 7:30, the masseuse rang our doorbell. I'm still sore today.

Shelly had spotted an ad for Thai massage, which neither of us had ever experienced, so we called in the afternoon to make a reservation for the evening. Shelly would go first, then me.

If you've never had a Thai massage, prepare to be sore.

After her massage, Shelly stumbled in to the room where I was reading. "She .... found ..... so ..... many ... spots .... I ..... didn't ..... know ... I ... had. It .... hurts."

She wasn't kidding. I should have expected pain when the masseuse climbed on top of me and proceeded to walk back and forth on my legs and back for an hour. You know those pressure points on your lower back, just above the point where you butt begins? I was in serious pain last night as she stood on top of them and dug her heels in. They still hurt today, but it's a good kind of pain. Today I do feel like I've been on the wrestling mat, though. Or maybe it feels like I fell out of a tree.

***

I actually watched the Super Bowl this morning for the first time in at least five years, and not just because I was too sore to do anything else. (Although, really, my reason for watching it wasn't any better than that. Quite simply, I woke up and it was on, so I watched it.)

Pittsburgh was in the game, so I actually had a team to cheer for, but had it not been for the banner I saw yesterday advertising the Monday Morning Super Bowl Breakfast Buffet at Outback, I probably would have forgotten all about it. Rather than spending 10 bucks at Outback, I watched it from our TV room with a bowl of cereal and my laptop, which worked just as well.

I've missed the Super Bowl for at least the past four seasons because I'm never home during this part of the tax season (working two jobs tends to do that to you) and, since nobody else goes out that Sunday night, it has made a good date night for me and Shelly.

And yay .... go Steelers!

***

I'm cooking with squid tonight. Anybody have any idea how to clean one of those suckers? I know there's some cartilage I have to remove, plus the squid's beak. Shelly has already suggested I cook topless so I don't stain my shirt with black squid ink.

Or maybe she's just hot for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, when you pay for a massage, you have the right to ask for "lighter" "not so hard" after all you are the one paying the bill, (and she wants a tip) next time, stop her, tell what you want and she will change, or throw her out. Enjoy next time.